On a side note before we get to the recipe for today we have a new class time! Starting next Thursday Feb 26 there will be a new class starting at 8:00 AM. If this is a time you can make then we will see you there!! Now without further ado here is your recipe!!
Today’s post is some original content from your’s truly. It’s a recipe that I use fairly regularly as a quick and easy side. I found it online a long time ago and I can’t find the original post again so I figured I would just type it up and that would have to be good enough!
Baked sweet potato wedges
- 3-4 sweet potatoes washed and scrubbed
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil (enough to coat the sweet potatoes)
- a few sprinkles of:
- any other spice that you think might be good (nutmeg is pretty good on these too)
- maybe a little salt but not much
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees (or a little more if you like them really crispy)
- Cut the potatoes into wedges length-wise. If the potatoes are particularly large you may have to cut them in half first and then into wedges
- In a large mixing bowl place the wedges and cover with the olive oil
- Sprinkle in the spices and mix well to coat.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven for 25-30 mins turning once during the baking.